CHAT: "Slovenská republika rad"

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Helga Listen" <listen@p...> wrote:
      > Thanks Melvyn! After studying the Wikipedia link I found out that
      this is
      > really what wie call Räterepublik. I had a feeling that it could be, but
      > needed confirmation.

      Ah yes, as in the Bavarian Soviet Republic:

      Bavarian Soviet Republic ( Bayerische Räterepublik )—also
      known as the Munich Soviet Republic.
      www.answers.com/topic/bavarian-soviet-republic

      I remember reading once about how the Bayerische Räterepublik Foreign
      Minister (fresh out of psychiatric hospital) kept sending telegrams to
      a bemused Lenin, complaining about how somebody had hidden his toilet
      key.

      And declaring war on the Swiss is never a smart move.

      BR

      Melvyn
      The test of every religious, political, or educational system is the
      man that it forms.
      - Henri Frederic Amiel