Starting to translate - advice please!

  • sglo3
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2005
      Hello there!

      I am 27, English and hoping to start some Czech to English
      translation - advice and help welcome!

      I am a linguist for sure, have learnt seven languages (RU,DE,FR,NL,PL
      and Welsh!) but my Czech is probably my best, and the most useful for
      translation- I get offers to translate, people search me out compared
      to German>English friends who have to search hard for work!

      I lived in C.Budejovice in 1996 after school, then Prague 2000-2
      after uni, and my Czech automatically got quite good, if I say so myself! I have studied translation for two years part-time, and now it's the holidays I want to start some translations and see if freelance is
      for me!

      Please email me at woodjulian@... if you can help a bit. Just
      to answer a few questions I may have as I start out on the journey!
      For example, what are the best online dictionaries I can start with?
      Where is a good place to find work?

      Dekuji mockrat

      Julian
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2005
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "sglo3" <woodjulian@s...> wrote:

        > I am a linguist for sure, have learnt seven languages (RU,DE,FR,NL,PL
        > and Welsh!)

        Noswaith dda Julian,

        I see on Google that you have developed some language-teaching
        shareware too. Looks interesting. Do you have much experience with
        teaching software and can you recommend any other programs of this kind??

        BR

        Melvyn
        Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that
        has been entrusted to you.
        - Henri Frederic Amiel