Re: A very good Czech writer is looking for a translator of her books into English

  • dusan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005
      Recently, Ms. Vitezslava Klimtova asked me to help her to find a Czech
      translator of her books into English. Ms. Klimtova is a writer, a graphic
      artist, an illustrator and a well-known explorer of the fairy tale land full
      of ghosts, elves, fairies and water nymphs. She already published 14 books,
      3 books were translated into English. She wrote and illustrated books for
      children, recently, she started writing (and publishing) humorous books (for
      example, "Sexualni pritazlivost domacich kutilu", "Dve damy s ruksakem",
      "Milostne hry zajicu v Jizerskych horach"). It's very difficult to translate
      her texts, her Czech is very poetic and her names of ghosts, elves, etc. -
      something very special for a translator (if I remember well, Mrs. Kuthanova
      asked for help here on the list some time ago, when she was doing that). Ms
      Klimtova has a nice web page, www.pohadkovazeme.cz, you can read more about
      her and her books, if you are interested.
      Please contact me off list, if you want to contact Ms Klimtova. I am not her
      agent, but Ms Klimtova lives in Spain and Czech Republic, she seems not to
      be a friend of computers and e-mail addresses.

      Dusan