Depot breakout

  • Pavel Trusina
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2005
      Dear all,

      I am translating from English into Czech a text dealing with activities of
      wholesalers in pharmaceutical industry. At the end, there is a list of
      wholesalers with a short characterization of each. The name of one of them
      is just followed by the expression "depot breakout not at hand" with no more
      detailed context.

      I am not sure whether the source text was written by an English native
      speaker or not.

      Can I ask, please, (native speakers ?) for possible explanations or
      eaning - in English?

      Thanks

      Pavel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2005
        Sorry for intruding with my guesses without not being invited (as a
        non-RMAJ), but I believe they mean breakout as a clumsy synonym for
        breakdown, i.e. rozpis, podrobnosti - that is, your 'short
        characterization of each', which is 'not at hand', that is, not
        available. To sum it up, I 'd go for womethign like "Popis (podrobnosti)
        (o skladu) nejsou k dispozici".

        RMAJs might know better, but I find this English rather strange....

        hth
        Martin

        Pavel Trusina wrote:

        >Dear all,
        >
        >I am translating from English into Czech a text dealing with activities of
        >wholesalers in pharmaceutical industry. At the end, there is a list of
        >wholesalers with a short characterization of each. The name of one of them
        >is just followed by the expression "depot breakout not at hand" with no more
        >detailed context.
        >
        >I am not sure whether the source text was written by an English native
        >speaker or not.
        >
        >Can I ask, please, (native speakers ?) for possible explanations or
        >eaning - in English?
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >Pavel
        >

        >Don't forget! The CzechEd Resources page at http://www.geocities.com/CzechEd has the Web's largest collection of links to on-line resources for translators of or into Czech & Slovak.
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Michael Gmail
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2005
          On Jun 7, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Martin Janda wrote:

          > Sorry for intruding with my guesses without not being invited (as a
          > non-RMAJ), but I believe they mean breakout as a clumsy synonym for
          > breakdown, i.e. rozpis, podrobnosti - that is, your 'short
          > characterization of each', which is 'not at hand', that is, not
          > available. To sum it up, I 'd go for womethign like "Popis
          > (podrobnosti)
          > (o skladu) nejsou k dispozici".

          Souhlasím.
          Michael (RMAJ)