Re: TERM ocistene uverove portfolio THANKS

  • Beata Rodlingova
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      Which sounds very plausible indeed. Thank you!

      > I think the word you are looking for is "adjusted"
    • Terminus Technicus
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
        .... Not that much of an expert, but doesn't "adjusted" mean "po uprave",
        that is after adjustment for various influences, for example inflation,
        exchange rates... etc. - to be applied to figures in a balance sheet or
        other financial docs ???

        In that case using it for loans would just mean the figure (total loans,
        etc.) was adjusted to reflect probability of repayment, interest rates or
        other relevant things, which is IMHO different from the meaning of
        "ocistene" in connection with loans, plus, even given the lack of context, I
        think Beata's doc concerns an actual "portfolio", as opposed to an abstract
        "figure" representing loans, in which case using adjusted is IMHO a bit
        misleading...

        As Beata said herself, ocistene here probably means containing no bad loans,
        adjusted would mean still containing bad loans, but adjusted to reflect the
        probability of their repayment, so the really bad ones would represent only
        a small portion of the actual loan, while good ones would be represented by
        the entire amount, plus interest, etc...

        Just a couple of thoughts. sorry to be complicating tinhgs

        Matej
      • iseykora
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
          C^NB pouziva ekvivalenci:
          uvery ocistene = credit adjusted

          Igor

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Terminus Technicus"

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "iseykora" <iseykora@y...> wrote:
            > C^NB pouziva ekvivalenci:
            > uvery ocistene = credit adjusted

            And FWIW I came across the following definition, which may be useful:

            Co jsou ocistene a co neocistene uvery? Ceska narodni banka rozlisuje
            dva typy uverove emise komercních bank. Jedna se o tzv. neocistene, to
            jsou naprosto vsechny uvery v korunovem vyjádrení a v cizi mene
            (prepocitane kurzem) a poskytnute vsemi bankami. A tzv. ocistene, tedy
            takove, ktere jsou upravene o kurzove vlivy, odpisy a uvery poskytnute
            bankami po odebrani licence. Ocistene jsou dale upravene o operace
            spojene s restrukturalizaci uveroveho portfolia bank (prevody na
            Konsolidacní agenturu, tedy stat).

            www.fce.vutbr.cz/veda/dk2003texty/pdf/5-2/rp/nesejt.pdf

            M.
            You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he
            uses to try to frighten you.
            - Eric Hoffer
          • Terminus Technicus
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
              I see, sorry for introducing more confusion into the matter - still, what's
              the portfolio bit doing there??? I thought that pointed to the loans being
              actual loans, not just figures in a bank's balance sheet....

              Matej

              Co jsou ocistene a co neocistene uvery? Ceska narodni banka rozlisuje
              dva typy uverove emise komercních bank. Jedna se o tzv. neocistene, to
              jsou naprosto vsechny uvery v korunovem vyjádrení a v cizi mene
              (prepocitane kurzem) a poskytnute vsemi bankami. A tzv. ocistene, tedy
              takove, ktere jsou upravene o kurzove vlivy, odpisy a uvery poskytnute
              bankami po odebrani licence. Ocistene jsou dale upravene o operace
              spojene s restrukturalizaci uveroveho portfolia bank (prevody na
              Konsolidacní agenturu, tedy stat).

              www.fce.vutbr.cz/veda/dk2003texty/pdf/5-2/rp/nesejt.pdf

              M.
              You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he
              uses to try to frighten you.
              - Eric Hoffer

              Czechlist resources:

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 7, 2005
                <czechlist@t...> wrote:
                > I see, sorry for introducing more confusion into the matter - still,
                what's
                > the portfolio bit doing there??? I thought that pointed to the loans
                being
                > actual loans, not just figures in a bank's balance sheet....

                Nothing to stop figures in a bank's balance sheet from being actual
                loans, surely.