TERM ocistene uverove portfolio

  • Beata Rodlingova
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      Being no economist, I struggle with the above term ("oc^is^te^ne'",
      also as a verb "oc^istit"). AFAIK it means the credit portfolio is
      without any bad debts, liabilities, etc. I am reluctant to use terms
      such as "clean" or "clear", as these may suggest the debt has been
      paid off (?). Any suggestions?
      MTIA
      Beata
    • Helga Listen
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
        HI Beate,

        I think the word you are looking for is "adjusted"

        Helga

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
          Which sounds very plausible indeed. Thank you!

          > I think the word you are looking for is "adjusted"
        • Terminus Technicus
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
            .... Not that much of an expert, but doesn't "adjusted" mean "po uprave",
            that is after adjustment for various influences, for example inflation,
            exchange rates... etc. - to be applied to figures in a balance sheet or
            other financial docs ???

            In that case using it for loans would just mean the figure (total loans,
            etc.) was adjusted to reflect probability of repayment, interest rates or
            other relevant things, which is IMHO different from the meaning of
            "ocistene" in connection with loans, plus, even given the lack of context, I
            think Beata's doc concerns an actual "portfolio", as opposed to an abstract
            "figure" representing loans, in which case using adjusted is IMHO a bit
            misleading...

            As Beata said herself, ocistene here probably means containing no bad loans,
            adjusted would mean still containing bad loans, but adjusted to reflect the
            probability of their repayment, so the really bad ones would represent only
            a small portion of the actual loan, while good ones would be represented by
            the entire amount, plus interest, etc...

            Just a couple of thoughts. sorry to be complicating tinhgs

            Matej
          • iseykora
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
              C^NB pouziva ekvivalenci:
              uvery ocistene = credit adjusted

              Igor

              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Terminus Technicus"

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "iseykora" <iseykora@y...> wrote:
                > C^NB pouziva ekvivalenci:
                > uvery ocistene = credit adjusted

                And FWIW I came across the following definition, which may be useful:

                Co jsou ocistene a co neocistene uvery? Ceska narodni banka rozlisuje
                dva typy uverove emise komercních bank. Jedna se o tzv. neocistene, to
                jsou naprosto vsechny uvery v korunovem vyjádrení a v cizi mene
                (prepocitane kurzem) a poskytnute vsemi bankami. A tzv. ocistene, tedy
                takove, ktere jsou upravene o kurzove vlivy, odpisy a uvery poskytnute
                bankami po odebrani licence. Ocistene jsou dale upravene o operace
                spojene s restrukturalizaci uveroveho portfolia bank (prevody na
                Konsolidacní agenturu, tedy stat).

                www.fce.vutbr.cz/veda/dk2003texty/pdf/5-2/rp/nesejt.pdf

                M.
                You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he
                uses to try to frighten you.
                - Eric Hoffer
              • Terminus Technicus
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
                  I see, sorry for introducing more confusion into the matter - still, what's
                  the portfolio bit doing there??? I thought that pointed to the loans being
                  actual loans, not just figures in a bank's balance sheet....

                  Matej

                  Co jsou ocistene a co neocistene uvery? Ceska narodni banka rozlisuje
                  dva typy uverove emise komercních bank. Jedna se o tzv. neocistene, to
                  jsou naprosto vsechny uvery v korunovem vyjádrení a v cizi mene
                  (prepocitane kurzem) a poskytnute vsemi bankami. A tzv. ocistene, tedy
                  takove, ktere jsou upravene o kurzove vlivy, odpisy a uvery poskytnute
                  bankami po odebrani licence. Ocistene jsou dale upravene o operace
                  spojene s restrukturalizaci uveroveho portfolia bank (prevody na
                  Konsolidacní agenturu, tedy stat).

                  www.fce.vutbr.cz/veda/dk2003texty/pdf/5-2/rp/nesejt.pdf

                  M.
                  You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he
                  uses to try to frighten you.
                  - Eric Hoffer

                  Czechlist resources:

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 7, 2005
                    <czechlist@t...> wrote:
                    > I see, sorry for introducing more confusion into the matter - still,
                    what's
                    > the portfolio bit doing there??? I thought that pointed to the loans
                    being
                    > actual loans, not just figures in a bank's balance sheet....

                    Nothing to stop figures in a bank's balance sheet from being actual
                    loans, surely.