TERM: vec slouzici provozu

  • Hana Viansová
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
      Hi all,
      what would you call "vec slouzici provozu"? It can be anything that serves the operation of a business in any way, incl. buildings, machines, etc. Literal translation would be "thing serving the (purpose of?) operation" but somehow this doesn�t sound right to me. Can anyone help?
      Thank you,
      Hanka
      PS can anyone point out a link to original English texts concerning property and liability insurance? I don�t really know where to look.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
        On Saturday, April 2, 2005, at 09:18 AM, Hana Viansová wrote:

        > what would you call "vec slouzici provozu"? It can be anything that
        > serves the operation of a business in any way, incl. buildings,
        > machines, etc. Literal translation would be "thing serving the
        > (purpose of?) operation" but somehow this doesn´t sound right to me.
        > Can anyone help?

        Things (items, etc.) necessary for conducting business or maybe aiding
        the conduct of business.

        Jamie
      • Hana Viansová
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
          Thank you, Jamie. In the text, they talk a lot about "preruseni provozu"
          which I guess could be operation? Could you conceivably come up with
          something for "vec slouzici provozu" where you´d keep the word opearation? I
          know they use the word "operation" a lot in the context, whether or not it
          is the ideal word.
          Hanka

          On Saturday, April 2, 2005, at 09:18 AM, Hana Viansová wrote:

          > what would you call "vec slouzici provozu"? It can be anything that
          > serves the operation of a business in any way, incl. buildings,
          > machines, etc. Literal translation would be "thing serving the
          > (purpose of?) operation" but somehow this doesn´t sound right to me.
          > Can anyone help?

          Things (items, etc.) necessary for conducting business or maybe aiding
          the conduct of business.

          Jamie

          Czechlist resources:

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
            Hullo Hana,

            Just back from my travels in exotic lands.

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Hana Viansová <bebeebeee@s...>
            wrote:
            > Thank you, Jamie. In the text, they talk a lot about "preruseni
            provozu"
            > which I guess could be operation?

            I'd still go for 'business' here. Interruption of business
            (activities or even operations, if you must) sounds like a pretty
            regular collocation to me and it fits in neatly with Jamie's
            solution for 'vec slouzici provozu'. Actually, I often find
            that 'slouzit necemu' translates quite naturally as 'is used for'
            and so I would suggest: 'items (objects etc) used for business
            (purposes)', as I suspect your term is in practice rather close
            to 'vec slouzici k podnikani/podnikatelske cinnosti.

            M.
          • Hana Viansová
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
              Thank you Melvyn,
              I think interruption of business operation(s) will do just fine.
              Hanka