Badly transcribed folksong?

  • Michael Gmail
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31 7:10 AM
      Someone on another list sent in what appears to be a badly transcribed
      folksong in some Slavic language. Parts of it look like they might be
      Czech (or Slovak? Slovene?), but other parts don't. Any guesses? Anyone
      know the song?

      >> Bladaïa, bladaïa boscelubu rada.
      >> Zdoleka topoznam knoholu buje
      >> Scioaje scemladsi ejsoajescemla dsi boscelubu rada.

      Michael

      --
      <http://globalocal.blogspot.com>

      If you are seeking the Way, listen for the laughter of fools.
      - Lao Tse
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31 7:19 AM
        Hi Michael,

        >> Bladaïa, bladaïa boscelubu rada.
        >> Zdoleka topoznam knoholu buje
        >> Scioaje scemladsi ejsoajescemla dsi boscelubu rada.

        Neither Czech nor Slovak, I'm afraid...

        Jirka Bolech
      • Terminus Technicus
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31 7:32 AM
          Could be anything, "lubit" [to love] "bo" [because] and other frangemnts
          seem familiar, but the transcript is REALLY bad, can't get anything out of
          it, but could be something North Moravian bordering on Polish (which almost
          always happens up there) ...

          > >> Scioaje scemladsi ejsoajescemla dsi boscelubu rada.
          >
          > Neither Czech nor Slovak, I'm afraid...
          >
          > Jirka Bolech
          >

          > Czechlist resources:

        • Jan Culka
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31 7:33 AM
            Obavam se, ze to bude nejake pohranicni cesko-slovenske nareci, zkomolene
            and badly transcribed in addition ...
            Honza
            Try to divide the words another way!

            > >> Scioaje scemladsi ejsoajescemla dsi boscelubu rada.
            >
            > Neither Czech nor Slovak, I'm afraid...
            >
            > Jirka Bolech
          • Michael Gmail
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31 8:20 AM
              On Mar 31, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Jan Culka wrote:

              > Obavam se, ze to bude nejake pohranicni cesko-slovenske nareci,
              > zkomolene
              > and badly transcribed in addition ...
              > Honza
              > Try to divide the words another way!

              What if 'Bladaïa' => 'Mladá je'?
              The start of the third line could be 'Sohaj jeste mladsi', but I can't
              quite work out the grammar there (or anywhere but the second line
              really).

              Michael

              Bladaïa, bladaïa boscelubu rada.
              Zdoleka topoznam knoholu buje
              Scioaje scemladsi ejsoajescemla dsi boscelubu rada.

              --
              <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

              "Monolingualism is a form of oppression!"
              - Ilan Stavans
            • Mihail Mihaylov
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31 8:33 AM
                This is definitely Rusyn, even if heavily scrambled. Should be some of those
                East-Carpathian songs.

                Mihail

                On Mar 31, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Jan Culka wrote:

                > Obavam se, ze to bude nejake pohranicni cesko-slovenske nareci,
                > zkomolene
                > and badly transcribed in addition ...
                > Honza
                > Try to divide the words another way!

                What if 'Bladaïa' => 'Mladá je'?
                The start of the third line could be 'Sohaj jeste mladsi', but I can't
                quite work out the grammar there (or anywhere but the second line
                really).

                Michael

                Bladaïa, bladaïa boscelubu rada.
                Zdoleka topoznam knoholu buje
                Scioaje scemladsi ejsoajescemla dsi boscelubu rada.

                --
                <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

                "Monolingualism is a form of oppression!"
                - Ilan Stavans

                Czechlist resources:

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Jan Culka
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 31 8:48 AM
                  Takhle nejak?

                  Bladaïa, bladaïa (ne)bo(t) se lubu rada.
                  Zdaleka to poznam k(do) mnoho lubuje
                  Sohaj(e) jeste mladsi, ej, sohaj(e) jeste mladsi (ne)bo(t) se lubu rada.

                  Bladaïa - bud je v tom "mlada", nebo je to nejake citoslovce.

                  Honza