THANKs -- TERM: commercial arms length

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2005
      Great thanks for all the advice, Hanka, Martina, Michael (Grant), Jose,
      Michael (Trittipo):

      > Ahoj, podivej se do archivu czechlistu, uz se to tady resilo - je to
      neco jako "objektivne", "na zaklade nezavisleho posouzeni" ...

      Indeed. It was dealt with at the beginning of summer 2002; I found it on my
      hard disk after reading Hanka's comment. The expression was 'arms length
      bargain' back then, queried by Helga and clarified by Michael Trittipo.

      > http://globalocal.blogspot.com/
      > http://www.fin.gc.ca/drleg/97-076e.rtf
      > http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1023/ar03.html

      Those links are all cool ones. I think I failed to find some of such because
      I included the word 'commercial' in my search phrase.

      The idiom sounds logical once you know its meaning. I think you can simply
      say "na komercnim zaklade" for it in my sentence at issue in Czech, or "za
      obvyklych obchodnich podminek" or suchlike...