Re: [Czechlist] TERM: oziveni

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2005
      On Thursday, March 24, 2005, at 04:44 AM, Jirka Bolech wrote:

      > I think that 'debugging' is not such a bad choice, but I also think
      > that in
      > electronic production the people just call this stage 'testing'.
      > Careful
      > that 'debugging' is a term also used in the design stage. Using the
      > right
      > attributives may be useful...

      "Debugging" doesn't sound like it means the same thing as oziveni. If
      I understand correctly, you can ozivit something that has no defects
      (bugs) at all, but that in a piece of new equipment, the debugging may
      be part of the initial start up. After all, it would be in a company's
      best interest to manufacture equipment so reliably that it could be
      activated without any debugging.

      to activate the equipment
      to start the equipment up for the first time
      to bring the equipment to life (metaphorical)
      to kick-start the equipment (a motorcycle metaphor)

      There would be still other ways to say it.