Re: [Czechlist] TERM/IDIOM CZ > EN: jazycek na vahach?

  • Michael Gmail
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2005
      On Feb 25, 2005, at 9:46 AM, Jan Vanek jr. wrote:

      > How does one translate this, especially in the sense in which KDU-CSL
      > tries to be present in any coalition?
      >
      > I'm quite sure there is a politological term form this type of
      > party/system, but can't come up with anything.

      'Swing' as an adjective is what comes to my mind, as in 'swing voters'.
      I suppose you could call KDU-CSL a 'swing party', although that's not a
      phrase that normally comes up in a country with only two major parties.

      Michael

      --
      <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

      It's not sinister. It's just marketing.