CHAT: Neuro-linguistic programming

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005
      In Moscow, detectives evidently process an estimated 300 to 400
      reports a year of "street hypnosis". . .

      "Some fraud experts involved in these cases refer to neuro-
      linguistic programming, a concept which holds that language patterns
      can put people into semihypnotic states, even in everyday
      situations". . .situations. . . situations. . .

      All sound oddly familiar? I reckon that many company directors who
      write annual report intros have tried their hands at this here neuro-
      linguistic programming too:

      >Russia's hypnotist con artists
      >Hundreds of people in Moscow claim that hypnotist street criminals
      have seduced them out of their cash. These crooks must be masters of
      neuro-linguistic programming. From a Los Angeles Times article
      quoting Alexei Skrypnikov, a retired police colonel and former
      psychology researcher at the Scientific Research Institute of the
      federal police:
      "I can absolutely say that people who are of totally sound mind, and
      not doped up, are being manipulated into handing over their money
      and valuables to people who vanish into thin air."

      >Victims occasionally come to their senses with no recollection of
      how they lost their money.

      >Skrypnikov said the techniques were simple, yet effective. "The
      essence of the technique is, form replaces content.

      See what I mean?

      ">Our brain is built so it can process only so much information over
      a certain period of time. ... In cases where the flow of information
      is either too powerful and fast, or on the other hand, too slow ...
      the brain slows down, and the person's level of vigilance drops," he
      said.

      http://www.boingboing.net/2005/02/02/russias_hypnotist_co.html

      8-) You are getting sleepy, veeery sleeeeeeeeeepy. . .