Re: [Czechlist] TIN

  • Tomás Skøont
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 2, 2000
      So, I am the first one.

      Tomas Skront
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Miroslav Herold <miroslav_herold@...>
      To: <Czechlist@egroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2000 9:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [Czechlist] TIN

      > Well, that is rather strange. Insofar, I have not met anybody with DIC who
      > is not "platce DPH".
      > BR
      > Mirek
      > Ing.Miroslav HEROLD, CSc.
      >
      > tlumocník/prekladatel/poradenství/volný novinár
      > tel.: xx420 2 536549
      > mobil: 0606 865870
      > >
      > >It is wrong! By obtaining DIC you register for the income tax, not VAT!

    • Palik
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 2, 2000
        > >It is wrong! By obtaining DIC you register for the income
        > tax, not VAT!

        In CR, the DIC is an identification number for a payer of *any* tax - real
        estate tax, income tax, VAT, ...whichever it could be. That means that you
        need not be a VAT-payer and still you may be assigned a DIC. The revenue
        office distinguishes the different taxes by the respective account numbers -
        but the identification of the paying subjects is always the same: their
        DICs.
        (This information was confirmed by a tax adviser.)

        Love
        Vlasta
        ---
        Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
      • Otto Pacholik
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 2, 2000
          > So, I am the first one.

          And I am the second and surely not the last one. As soon as you want to be
          self-employed it is mandatory to be registered with your tax office. Those
          people in the Czech Republic having no DIC can just run into problems. DIC
          is nothing more and nothing less than confirmation of the fact you have
          registered yourself as a taxpayer with your respective tax office. Having
          DIC enables you to register as a taxpayer of any taxes you "wish" (income
          tax, road tax, VAT).

          Otto