Re: [Czechlist] EN-Cz: co-terminus - URGENTNI

  • Pecinkova - prekladatelsky servis
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      Thanks Jamie,
      Iveta
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "James Kirchner" <jpklists@...>
      To: <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 1:25 PM
      Subject: Re: [Czechlist] EN-Cz: co-terminus - URGENTNI

      On Tuesday, February 1, 2005, at 06:45 AM, Pecinkova - prekladatelsky
      servis wrote:

      > Nepojmenovaný dokumentZdravim,
      > muze mi nekdo urgentne poradit, jak chape "co-terminus" v nasledujici
      > vete:
      > "The Lease to be co-terminus with the existing Lease, 8 years
      > remaining".

      It should be spelled "coterminous" (with a second O). I understand it
      to mean that the two leases will expire at the same time. Dictionaries
      seem to support this interpretation, but the word has a few different
      meanings.

      Jamie

      Czechlist resources:

      Dog Eat Blog - Patrick's totally clued-in Prague blog:
      http://www.prague-spot.com/blog

      Yahoo! Groups Links