Healing

  • ing.Sarka Rubkova
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi,

      what is "new age healing" in the following part of the sentence

      Santa Cruz, famous for its Boardwalk, the oldest beachfront amusement park
      on the West Coast, its surfing museum and its attraction to new age healing

      Thanks

      Sarka
    • Jan Culka
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
        Self-Healing Expressions - spiritual healing, new age healing ... ...
        spiritual healing, new age gifts, guided meditation and holistic education
        through courses dealing with alternative healing, new age healing, holistic
        health ...
        www.selfhealingexpressions.com/home.shtml - 20k - 31 leden 2005 -

        neco jako "leceni ve stylu new-age", see above
        H.

        > what is "new age healing" in the following part of the sentence
        >
        > Santa Cruz, famous for its Boardwalk, the oldest beachfront amusement park
        > on the West Coast, its surfing museum and its attraction to new age
        healing

        > Thanks
        >
        > Sarka
        >

        > Czechlist resources:
        >
        > Dog Eat Blog - Patrick's totally clued-in Prague blog:
        > http://www.prague-spot.com/blog
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Terminus Technicus
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
          Healing crystals, pyramids, holotrophy breathing, ... etc,. etc. - hippie
          schemes - I guess the closest Czech equivalent (a bit less glamorous) is
          lecitele, netradicni medicina, etc.

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
            Hi Sarka,

            what is "new age healing" in the following part of the sentence

            I call that "sarlatanstvi" myself...

            Jirka Bolech
          • Alena Ockova
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
              --- Terminus Technicus <czechlist@...> wrote:
              > Healing crystals, pyramids, holotrophy breathing,
              > ... etc,. etc. - hippie
              > schemes
              ...and often spiritual healing, too

              - I guess the closest Czech equivalent (a
              > bit less glamorous) is
              > lecitele, netradicni medicina, etc.

              ...alternativni lecba, komplementarni terapie apod....

              Alena

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
                On Tuesday, February 1, 2005, at 05:54 AM, ing.Sarka Rubkova wrote:

                > what is "new age healing" in the following part of the sentence
                >
                > Santa Cruz, famous for its Boardwalk, the oldest beachfront amusement
                > park
                > on the West Coast, its surfing museum and its attraction to new age
                > healing

                "New Age" is a spiritual or religious movement that basically believes
                in everything -- and I mean EVERYTHING -- that's rejected by
                traditional Western religion. They reject pretty much all of
                Christianity as superstition, but they are liable to believe that (as
                in the case of a woman I knew) someone is personally guided through
                life by the spirit of some Chinese warrior from 10,000 years ago. They
                pretty much believe anything if it's an "alternative" to tradition, no
                matter how bizarre it is.

                "New Age healing" stems from the same thing, and it basically rejects
                modern medical approaches to medicine. Mainly it goes after a lot of
                imagined illnesses using therapies that involve pleasant smells and
                other things like that. Tragically, however, sometimes they try to
                treat things like cancer with it, and then the person dies. (This
                happened to a young woman I used to know.)

                Basically, it's alternative medicine with weird "New Age" spiritualism
                mixed in.

              • Zemedelec@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 1, 2005
                  What about lecitel or hojitel? They're often the same thing in a glossy new
                  box, and often quite effective.

                  Zemedelec