Re: [Czechlist] Help: Czech academia

    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
      On Monday, January 31, 2005, at 06:10 AM, Terminus Technicus wrote:

      > > Finally, could someone explain to me what a "presencni studium" is?
      > > Is it some sort of course where the student has to "attend" classes?
      >
      > Yes, as opposed to "korespondencni", "dalkove" and other forms...

      In the US, we would say an "on-campus program" or "on-campus study",
      meaning you actually have to come to school and put your hindquarters
      in the chair.

    • Alena Ockova
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
        --- coilinoc <coilinoc@...> wrote:

        > Also, would "qualified architect" be an appropriate
        > explanation/translation of "Ing.Arch."?
        "Ing.arch." is an architect who graduated from
        technical universities, e.g. CVUT, Fakulta
        architektury. An architect who graduated from art
        schools, e.g. Vysoka skola umeleckoprumyslova, would
        be an "akad.arch."

        > Finally, could someone explain to me what a
        > "presencni studium" is?
        > Is it some sort of course where the student has to
        > "attend" classes?
        Formerly, it was "denni studium". It is an equivalent
        of "full-time" studies here.

        BR
        Alena

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
          On Monday, January 31, 2005, at 06:28 AM, Alena Ockova wrote:

          > --- coilinoc <coilinoc@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Also, would "qualified architect" be an appropriate
          > > explanation/translation of "Ing.Arch."?
          > "Ing.arch." is an architect who graduated from
          > technical universities, e.g. CVUT, Fakulta
          > architektury. An architect who graduated from art
          > schools, e.g. Vysoka skola umeleckoprumyslova, would
          > be an "akad.arch."

          I'm wondering if this isn't the equivalent of a (US) master of science
          in architecture, as opposed to a master of arts in architecture.

        • spektrum2002
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
            Myslim, ze to je presne ono.
            Petr Adamek
            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...>
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
              Yes, these seem to be nearest equivalents.
              Alena

              --- James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:
              > "Ing.arch." is an architect who graduated from
              > > technical universities, e.g. CVUT, Fakulta
              > > architektury. An architect who graduated from art
              > > schools, e.g. Vysoka skola umeleckoprumyslova,
              > would
              > > be an "akad.arch."
              >
              > I'm wondering if this isn't the equivalent of a (US)
              > master of science
              > in architecture, as opposed to a master of arts in
              > architecture.

              > removed]

            • vera simpson
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
                Hello

                I have this sentence:
                1. the Company`s written notice such requirements for any year shall be
                final in the absence of any agreement between the parties for that year.

                I need help with : shall be final in the absence of any agreement
                between the parties for that year.

                2. nothing in this agreement shall be construed as preventing the
                distributor from responding to unsolicited request for the products .

                Thanks to all of you who can help me.
                Vera

              • ing.Sárka Rubková
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
                  Hi Coilin,

                  presencní studium je normalni studium. Proc se mu dnes rika presencni nikdo
                  vlastne nevi. Drive rikalo denni.

                  Ing.arch. is the title of architects graduated at architecture studies
                  technical university. A part of the study is also civil engineering.
                  Basically it is Master of Architecture.

                  Sarka

                • ing.Sárka Rubková
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
                    Hi,
                    as the architect, you cannot used the "certified" architect unless you are
                    member of the Chamber (it does not matter if is called NCARB (U.S.A.) or
                    RIBA (UK) or C^KA (here)). Not all architects are members of the Chamber
                    even though they practice their profession

                    Sarka

                  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
                      Helo, Vera,
                      I have these suggestions for you:

                      The Company`s written notice (of) such requirements for any year shall
                      be final in the absence of any agreement between the parties for that
                      year.
                      = Písemné oznámení společnosti o takových požadavcích/nárocích za
                      libovolný rok bude konečné, pokud smluvní strany nebudou mít uzavřenou
                      pro daný rok žádnou (příslušnou) dohodu/smlouvu.

                      Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as preventing the
                      distributor from responding to unsolicited request for the products.
                      = Žádné ustanovení této smlouvy nebude vykládáno jako zákaz, který
                      distributorovi brání reagovat na spontánní poptávku po produktech.

                      HTH
                      Jarda

                    • vera simpson
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
                        Thanks to all, especially to Jarda it was very, very helpful.

                        Thanks Vera
                      • ing.Sarka Rubkova
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
                          Hi jamie,

                          what is the title of civil or structural engineers? If it is master orf
                          science then I agree with what you suggest.

                          Sarka