Re: vstric budoucnosti

  • czechlistx
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2004
      Matej wrote:

      > > Unless the card's actually for SocDem, I'd try to stay away from New Labourish pompous slogans

      Well, all political parties can come out with such vacuous phrases, says he in a feeble effort to be even-handed. Come to think of it, I reckon the best political slogan would be no slogan at all - just a brief meaningful silence (c).

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Zuzana Kocicková <zuzana.kocickova@c...> wrote:

      > Yes, I will probably persuade my customer to omit this slogan in his
      > organisation chart:-)

      Hmmm, in that context you could perhaps tone it down a bit:

      NAME OF COMPANY
      Moving forward together...

      or simply:

      NAME OF COMPANY
      Moving forward...

      and explain to the customer that a literal translation might sound bombastic.

      Or you could try something a bit strident yourself, perhaps:

      NAME OF COMPANY
      Confronting the future!

      Or how about the touchy-feely approach?

      NAME OF COMPANY
      Embracing the future!
      Conversing with the future!

      BR

      Melvyn
      Seasons they change while cold blood is raining
      I have been waiting beyond the years
      Now over the skyline I see you're travelling
      Brothers from all time gathering here
      Come let us build the ship of the future
      In an ancient pattern that journeys far
      Come let us set sail for the always islands
      Through seas of leaving to the summer stars

      Seasons they change but with gaze unchanging
      O deep eyed sisters is it you I see?
      Seeds of beauty ye bear within you
      Of unborn children glad and free
      Within your fingers the fates are spinning
      The sacred binding of the yellow grain
      Scattered we were when the long night was breaking
      But in the bright morning converse again.
      ISB