Re: [Czechlist] Help: "vetsi spolecnost"

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
      Hi Coilin,

      Generally speaking, this usage of comparative adjective in Czech corresponds
      nicely with 'fairly' + simple form adjective. I think it's explained like
      this in Don Sparling's "English or Czenglish" from the 1980s. 'Larger' there
      means 'a bit larger than usual'.

      By the way, I never received the original inquiry from the list...