* * *Christmas gathering* * *

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 6, 2004
      A warm welcome to all new Czechlist members recruited at the recent Proz "powwow".

      Several Czechlist members have expressed an interest in a pre-Christmas get-together, preferably at a Chinese restaurant here in Prague.

      I should be able to make it on Tue 14th, Wed 15th or Thur 16th.

      Any preferences???

      If you are interested, please respond in the not too remote future because it will become increasingly difficult to make a booking as Christmas approaches.

      Ho ho,

      Melvyn
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2004
        As to me, any date but Wednesdays...
        Thanks!

        > A warm welcome to all new Czechlist members recruited at the recent Proz
        "powwow".

        > Several Czechlist members have expressed an interest in a pre-Christmas
        get-together, preferably at a Chinese restaurant here in Prague.

        > I should be able to make it on Tue 14th, Wed 15th or Thur 16th.
        >
        > Any preferences???
        >
        > If you are interested, please respond in the not too remote future because
        it will become increasingly difficult to make a booking as Christmas
        approaches.

        > Ho ho,
        >
        > Melvyn
        >

        > Czechlist resources:
        >
        > Obcasnik:
        > http://zehrovak.bloguje.cz
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • jiri_klima
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 6, 2004
          Sorry folks, I am available only on Thursday and definitely for a
          long time...
        • Hana Viansová
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 6, 2004
            Tuesday suits me best. And I can´t wait to hear you sing the Gypsy song:-)
            Hanka

            > A warm welcome to all new Czechlist members recruited at the recent Proz
            "powwow".

            > Several Czechlist members have expressed an interest in a pre-Christmas
            get-together, preferably at a Chinese restaurant here in Prague.

            > I should be able to make it on Tue 14th, Wed 15th or Thur 16th.
            >
            > Any preferences???
            >
            > If you are interested, please respond in the not too remote future because
            it will become increasingly difficult to make a booking as Christmas
            approaches.

            > Ho ho,
            >
            > Melvyn
            >

            > Czechlist resources:
            >
            > Obcasnik:
            > http://zehrovak.bloguje.cz
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > __________ Informace od NOD32 1.940 (20041205) __________
            >
            > Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
            > http://www.nod32.cz

          • kzgafas
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 6, 2004
              > I should be able to make it on Tue 14th, Wed 15th or Thur 16th.
              >
              > Any preferences???

              Any day.

              K.
            • listen
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 6, 2004
                Evenings (after 18:30) I can do any day.
                Greetings from Vienna
                Helga

                From: "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@...>

              • Jetlk@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 8, 2004
                  Will there be a space for one more?????
                  Liba

                • Hana Viansová
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 9, 2004
                    Melvyn -
                    Something tuneful - hmmmm... let me think... my 4-year-old son loves my
                    rendition of Citronky (frequently sung by the fire in my school years), and
                    a reversed version of Tluce bubenicek, i.e. Cetlunicek bube. Would either of
                    them do? :-)
                    Hanka
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 9, 2004
                      Yes, this reminds me all these songs I love to sing really loud, but
                      I am not allowed to sing them at home (Na kopecku v Africe stoji
                      stara veznice; Juliana krasna panna, etc.)

                      There are songs I like to sing really loud
                      but to sing them, I am not allowed.

                      K.

                    • Hana Viansová
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 9, 2004
                        Oh yeth!! Not to mention Namornicek na sve lodi ... :-)))
                        H.

                        Yes, this reminds me all these songs I love to sing really loud, but
                        I am not allowed to sing them at home (Na kopecku v Africe stoji
                        stara veznice; Juliana krasna panna, etc.)

                        There are songs I like to sing really loud
                        but to sing them, I am not allowed.

                        K.

                        > Something tuneful - hmmmm... let me think... my 4-year-old son
                        loves my
                        > rendition of Citronky (frequently sung by the fire in my school
                        years), and
                        > a reversed version of Tluce bubenicek, i.e. Cetlunicek bube. Would
                        either of
                        > them do? :-)
                        > Hanka

                        Czechlist resources:

                        Obcasnik:
                        http://zehrovak.bloguje.cz
                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        __________ Informace od NOD32 1.943 (20041208) __________

                        http://www.nod32.cz
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 9, 2004
                          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Jetlk@a... wrote:
                          > Will there be a space for one more?????

                          Depends. Can you sing "Namornicek na sve lodi"???

                          :-)

                          It's surprising how many people can squeeze around these round tables, Liba. Look forward to seeing you! And bring a friend. And ignore all this talk about sing-songs. I bet everybody is going to eat their meals in embarrassed silence and make their excuses. ;-)

                          Kostas was inspired to write:

                          >There are songs I like to sing really loud,
                          >But to sing them I am not allowed,
                          But to sing really loud, nobody is too proud
                          On Czechlist.

                          Where's my home? Where is my home?
                          Josef K. would mope and moan,
                          Tyl the answer was made known