Re: [Czechlist] HELP: pension legacies

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004
      On Dec 4, 2004, at 5:58 AM, Jaroslav Hejzlar wrote:

      > Can you please help me translate the above term or at least explain to
      > me what it means? After a bit of googling it seems to me that it might
      > be something like "zavazky z drivejsich penzijnich planu" or am I
      > completely off? The context is: "company XY is facing pension legacies
      > in the U.S. and huge losses in Europe".

      Absent more context, that's how I would understand it too. I don't
      think it's a precisely defined term.

      Michael

      --
      <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

      It's not sinister. It's just marketing.
      - Jeff
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Michael Grant <mlg@b...> wrote:

        > Absent more context, that's how I would understand it too.

        Me too. How about '[znacne] penzijni/duchodove bremeno'???

        > <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

        Very enjoyable and thought-provoking writing, Michael! Must add this to my blogroll.

        BTW you keep writing to Czechlist from an unsubscribed address. Hence the delays.

        M.
      • Jaroslav Hejzlar
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004
          Hi, Michael and Melvyn!
          Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Have a nice Sunday.
          Jarda

          > On Dec 4, 2004, at 5:58 AM, Jaroslav Hejzlar wrote:
          >
          > > Can you please help me translate the above term or at least explain
          > > me what it means? After a bit of googling it seems to me that it
          might
          > > be something like "zavazky z drivejsich penzijnich planu" or am I
          > > completely off? The context is: "company XY is facing pension
          legacies
          > > in the U.S. and huge losses in Europe".

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Michael Grant <mlg@b...> wrote:

          > Absent more context, that's how I would understand it too.

          Me too. How about '[znacne] penzijni/duchodove bremeno'???

          > <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

          Very enjoyable and thought-provoking writing, Michael! Must add this to
          my blogroll.

          BTW you keep writing to Czechlist from an unsubscribed address. Hence
          the delays.

          M.

          Czechlist resources:

          Obcasnik: