HELP: pension legacies

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004
      Hi, all!
      Can you please help me translate the above term or at least explain to
      me what it means? After a bit of googling it seems to me that it might
      be something like "zavazky z drivejsich penzijnich planu" or am I
      completely off? The context is: "company XY is facing pension legacies
      in the U.S. and huge losses in Europe".
      TIA.
      Regards,
      Jarda

    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004
        On Dec 4, 2004, at 5:58 AM, Jaroslav Hejzlar wrote:

        > Can you please help me translate the above term or at least explain to
        > me what it means? After a bit of googling it seems to me that it might
        > be something like "zavazky z drivejsich penzijnich planu" or am I
        > completely off? The context is: "company XY is facing pension legacies
        > in the U.S. and huge losses in Europe".

        Absent more context, that's how I would understand it too. I don't
        think it's a precisely defined term.

        Michael

        --
        <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

        It's not sinister. It's just marketing.
        - Jeff
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Michael Grant <mlg@b...> wrote:

          > Absent more context, that's how I would understand it too.

          Me too. How about '[znacne] penzijni/duchodove bremeno'???

          > <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

          Very enjoyable and thought-provoking writing, Michael! Must add this to my blogroll.

          BTW you keep writing to Czechlist from an unsubscribed address. Hence the delays.

          M.
        • Jaroslav Hejzlar
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004
            Hi, Michael and Melvyn!
            Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Have a nice Sunday.
            Jarda

            > On Dec 4, 2004, at 5:58 AM, Jaroslav Hejzlar wrote:
            >
            > > Can you please help me translate the above term or at least explain
            > > me what it means? After a bit of googling it seems to me that it
            might
            > > be something like "zavazky z drivejsich penzijnich planu" or am I
            > > completely off? The context is: "company XY is facing pension
            legacies
            > > in the U.S. and huge losses in Europe".

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Michael Grant <mlg@b...> wrote:

            > Absent more context, that's how I would understand it too.

            Me too. How about '[znacne] penzijni/duchodove bremeno'???

            > <http://globalocal.blogspot.com/>

            Very enjoyable and thought-provoking writing, Michael! Must add this to
            my blogroll.

            BTW you keep writing to Czechlist from an unsubscribed address. Hence
            the delays.

            M.

            Czechlist resources:

            Obcasnik: