[Cross-posted] Czech EU Glossaries

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
      A wealth of Czech glossaries, mostly about EU and food processing/agriculture can be found at:
      http://scic.cec.eu.int/DAI/terminology/download_gloss/Downloadable_Glossaries.htm

      Sorry if repeating obvious.

    • Milan Condak
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
        Martine,

        diky. Na tyto stranky jsem se kdysi podival, ale neulozil se je jako
        dulezity informaci zdroj.

        Milan

        ---
        Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
        Verze: 6.0.802 / Virová báze: 545 - datum vydání: 26.11.2004
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
          Hey, folks!

          Get our your quill pens and put on a floppy hat, like that poet they
          used to have in the video before the brewery tours in Plzen. I'm
          having trouble parsing a line of poetry:

          Dospivat k cilum danych mu do vinku?

          Leave it to the old Poldauf dictionary to tell me that one of the words
          is equivalent to another word that's not in the dictionary (I found the
          word online). Anyway, the poem is musing over what the new year might
          bring. The "mu" in the line refers to the new year, but I can't figure
          out where the suffix on "danych" comes from. There doesn't seem to be
          anything on any preceding line in the genitive or locative that it
          could apply to. Any ideas?

          Thanks for any suggestions.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
            Hi Jamie,

            Looks like the wannabe poet has not even mastered his or her mother tongue.
            The correct wording would be, 'danym mu do vinku'.

            hth

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
              On Friday, December 3, 2004, at 02:55 AM, Martin Janda wrote:

              > Looks like the wannabe poet has not even mastered his or her mother
              > tongue.
              > The correct wording would be, 'danym mu do vinku'.

              Thank you! I thought something was wrong!