Help: majetkovy cenny papir

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi guys, any idea what this is exactly? (asset security perhaps?)
      Absolutely no context I'm afraid
      MTIA
      Coilin
    • Simon Vollam
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
        Hi Coilin,

        It's 'equity security' (as opposed to 'debt security' - 'dluhovy
        cenny papir'). It crops up a lot in national accounting contexts,
        e.g. in official balance of payments statistics.

        Equity securities covers stocks, shares, unit trust units, mutual
        fund shares, etc. Debt securities are primarily bonds and similar
        instruments.

        Simon