Help: "ze sveho" and one or two other terms

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hi there folks!
      I was wondering if you could help me with the following sentence:

      Pro pripad, ze by nekdo vuci kupujicim uplatnoval jakoukoliv
      pohledavku, ci jine pravo pred prevodem vlastnickeho prava podle
      teto kupni smlouvy spojene s vlastnictvim k prevadenym podilum na
      techto nemovitostech, prodavajici se zavazuji, ze pohledavku zaplati
      ci jine pravo uspokoji ze sveho a dale, ze kupijicim uhradi vznikle
      skodu.

      Specifically, I'm not precisely sure what "ze sveho" means here. Is
      there a word missing or is it perhaps a fixed expression
      meaning "from one's own resources/funds" or something?

      Also, do you know what a "nosna cast" might be in this context?

      Aktiva spolecnosti predstavuji prevazne nemovity majetek, jehoz
      podstatnou a nosnou cast tvori hotely provozovane dcerinou
      spolecnosti (perhaps "productive part"?)

      Finally, would I be right in assuming that a "koncernova spolecnost"
      is a "holding company"?

      Many thanks in advance and best regards
      Coilin
    • kzgafas
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "coilinoc" <coilinoc@y...> wrote:

        > Hi there folks!
        > I was wondering if you could help me with the following sentence:
        >
        > Pro pripad, ze by nekdo vuci kupujicim uplatnoval jakoukoliv
        > pohledavku, ci jine pravo pred prevodem vlastnickeho prava podle
        > teto kupni smlouvy spojene s vlastnictvim k prevadenym podilum na
        > techto nemovitostech, prodavajici se zavazuji, ze pohledavku
        zaplati
        > ci jine pravo uspokoji ze sveho a dale, ze kupijicim uhradi
        vznikle
        > skodu.
        >
        > Specifically, I'm not precisely sure what "ze sveho" means here.
        Is
        > there a word missing or is it perhaps a fixed expression
        > meaning "from one's own resources/funds" or something?

        Sure, "from their own resources" is right. "Ze sveho" is somewhat
        truncated form.

        > Also, do you know what a "nosna cast" might be in this context?
        >
        > Aktiva spolecnosti predstavuji prevazne nemovity majetek, jehoz
        > podstatnou a nosnou cast tvori hotely provozovane dcerinou
        > spolecnosti (perhaps "productive part"?)

        Hard to find an English term. Nosna cast (supporting, carrying)
        means that this part bears something else. While "podstatna" is of
        general meaning, "nosna" means it may pay for other expenses,
        investments, salaries, etc. Yes, basically kind of "productive".

        K.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
          Hw about core or most profitable? It's an embellishment anyway.
          As to the resources part, I agree with Kosta.

          hth
          Martin