Re: vydejni vozik, gastronadoba

  • smtp.volny.cz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      Thanks to Kostas for his suggestion (catering cart, container), to Jamie K.
      who agreed and Dr. Mila Saskova-Pierce (serving cart). I use Digest so I
      nearly missed your suggestions - I used "catering troley" because it was
      heavily supported by Google and the Google images perfectly fit what I saw
      in the manual I was asked to translate. "Container" is OK, I used it.
      I am always moved when I see on Czechlist how people try to help. I wish I
      could contribute more to Czechlist, paying off my debt. Extremely busy right
      now, sitting on two chairs and don't you dare to ask me how old I am. I
      almost made it recently in the discussion here how to translate ROC
      (Republic of China) - I spent three years as a visiting research professor
      in Taiwan, sorry, ROC. Well, let me say my opinion - Taiwan is officially
      recognized as an independent country only by a handful of countries,
      certainly not by the UN and USA - US does not have a single soldier in
      Taiwan since 1970 or so and its embassy is camouflaged as the American
      Institute of Culture in Taipei - when I flew to USA from Taiwan, I asked
      there for US visa and got them via Singapore. As an employee of Academia
      Sinica in Taipei, I published a scientific book in Singapore and indicated
      my address as Institute for Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica,
      Taipei, Taiwan and Laboratoire de Spectrosocic Hertzienne, Universite de
      Lille, France (again, I was sitting on two chairs at that time), and
      everybody seemed to be happy.

      Dusan