Agency of record

  • Jan Culka
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2004
      Dobrejtro,
      poradi mi nekdo, co znamena spojeni v nadpisu?
      Diky, Honza

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2004
        A poradis nam, jaky je kontext?

        > poradi mi nekdo, co znamena spojeni v nadpisu?
        > Diky, Honza

        > Czechlist resources:
        >
        > Obcasnik:
        > http://zehrovak.bloguje.cz
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jan Culka
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2004
          firma XY, customer´s designated travel agency of record for purposes of this
          Agreement ...
          nic moc, ale lepsi kontext nemam
          Honza

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2004
            http://www.marketingpower.com/live/mg-dictionary-view108.php

            An advertising agency assigned specific media buying responsibilities by a
            client.

            hth, Martin

            > firma XY, customer´s designated travel agency of record for purposes of
            this
            > Agreement ...
            > nic moc, ale lepsi kontext nemam
            > Honza

          • Jan Culka
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2004
              Diky,
              H.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004

                On Monday, October 4, 2004, at 02:47 AM, Martin Janda wrote:

                > http://www.marketingpower.com/live/mg-dictionary-view108.php
                >
                > An advertising agency assigned specific media buying responsibilities
                > by a
                > client.

                WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

                The context you gave us says NOTHING about an ADVERTISING AGENCY!

                Agency of record here means the travel agency that they have officially
                contracted with, probably for their corporate travel buying.

              • Mike Trittipo
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004
                  >>Subject: Re: [Czechlist] Agency of record
                  >>>firma XY, customer´s designated travel agency of record for purposes of
                  >>this Agreement ...

                  I wouldn't parse it, as the predmet seems to, as
                  (travel)("agency of record") but rather as
                  ("travel agency")("of record"). "Of record"
                  simply means "that has been named to us in the
                  most recent relevant writing," "that is known,"
                  "that we were last notified about," "that customer
                  told us was the right one," etc. That works for
                  ("any noun")("of record"), and in this context,
                  it's nearly redundant (OK, maybe fully,
                  completely, and utterly redundant) with
                  "designated." Attorney of record, accountant of
                  record, law firm of record, travel agency of
                  record, authorized agent of record, proxy holder
                  of record, lawn service of record, house-cleaning
                  service of record, automotive garage of record . . ..

                  IMO.
                • Jan Culka
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 5, 2004
                    THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

                    I had to give it to my customer early, so I decided for "pove^r^ená
                    agentura"

                    Honza