Re: [Czechlist] BrE vs. Am E - bonbony

  • Terminus Technicus
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 1, 2004
      We're having another slow and confused day up at yahoo, aren't we - this was
      my first reply to Dylan and it only showed up now...

      Anyway, thanks to all who contributed, I think I'm sorted now, I'll go for
      Melvyn's Brit versions at the risk of American-educated Italians (Tic tacs
      are now Ferrero - is that Italian?) being confused... don't want to mix Br&
      Am too much on these critical matters, especially as I'm trying for a bit of
      a "East Enders" approach (well, maybe not EE, but working class) with the
      verbatims/quotes...

      Didn't know there were people who could passionatelly talk about what mints
      they buy for two hours plus...

      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 5, 2004
        to add a little to this tasty conversation - we have several places
        in town selling frozen custard. Very delicious and fattening, tastes
        like thick, full bodied ice cream. That makes the idea that custard
        is eaten warm go out the window:)
        M.