Re: [Czechlist] BrE vs. Am E - bonbony

    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 1, 2004
      On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 05:20 AM, andeds@... wrote:

      > "sweets" is the generic term in the UK, as in "sweet shop".  "Candy"
      > definitely has American associations - the first thing that comes to
      > mind is the film title "Candyman".

      Really? The first thing that comes to my mind is candy.

    • Martina Silpoch
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 5, 2004
        to add a little to this tasty conversation - we have several places
        in town selling frozen custard. Very delicious and fattening, tastes
        like thick, full bodied ice cream. That makes the idea that custard
        is eaten warm go out the window:)
        M.