BrE vs. Am E - bonbony

  • Terminus Technicus
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 1, 2004
      It's consumer survey report time again...

      and this time, we're dealing with Tic Tacs (and other similar) 'bonbony'...
      (fruit, mint-flavored, plus the ones you suck when you have sore throat),
      but the client is Tic Tac... they use the word 'candy' for them

      My Q is whether this is American E only, or whether it is OK to use it in
      BrE as well - or is there something else UK NSers would use? ...

      And I need a generic word for all these, from Halls, through Mentos or
      Bonpari to Tic Tac and (believe it or not, the main competitor, didn't know
      they existed anymore:) 'Antiperle'... (always reminded me of 'broky do
      vzduchovky' because of the package)

      I could use mints, losenges, etc. for individual categories, but not for the
      entire group...

      Thanks for input, if anyone has a pack of Tic Tacs on them with a 'GB' info,
      I'd be interested in what it says..

      Matej
    • Martina Silpoch
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 5, 2004
        to add a little to this tasty conversation - we have several places
        in town selling frozen custard. Very delicious and fattening, tastes
        like thick, full bodied ice cream. That makes the idea that custard
        is eaten warm go out the window:)
        M.