Re: [Czechlist] Re: Typing in Prague

  • Tertech
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2004
      It's likely to be more.. 50 was just an oldish lady whose only expertise is
      typing - in Czech, bit of an outdated skill these days ..... probably
      different when the lamguage is russian... guess it depends on what you're
      prepared to spend as compared to what willit save you... you can always go
      cheap with a student who has no jobs, as long as you make sure few first
      pages areOK...

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2004
        Hi Judy,
        my daughter sometimes earns her moneys by transcripting the tapes in English
        to paper. She gets from 140 to 200 Kc/page.

        sarka

        <czechlist@t...> wrote:
        > Don't offer any rate, have them send CV, select a grouup of
        potentialy good
        > ones, meet/test them, then agree on payment - they're not likely to
        be able
        > to give you an official invoice, etc. (mind you, that's not a
        problem for
        > you if you pay tax in US)...
        >
        > Czech typists are cheap, as little as CZK 50 per page, my wife sometimes
        > hires one to dictate to when she has a translation 'from paper', she
        can't
        > see well and is used to "interpreting from paper", which I can't do... I
        > think she pays her something like CZK 250/hr and they can do about 6
        pages a
        > hour... (that's the low-tech option to speed recognition:)... but that's
        > only into Czech, becomes more difficult and expensive for into
        English...

        > Should be quite easy to find a Russian student or somebody similar here,
        > question is speed/quality, but if you give it to them and they do it
        within
        > an agreed deadline, it should be Ok in your case..

        Czechlist resources:

        Obcasnik:
        http://zehrovak.bloguje.cz
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • jsyeaton
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2004
          Thanks, Sarka - you always have advice that's right to the point. I
          want to be fair, but not extravagent. I'm not your usual rich American
          (or corporation), just an ordinary translator.

          Judy