Re: Bloggers

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2004
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "smtp.volny.cz" <dparrot@v...>
      > I am not quite sure how it works technically. Suppose that I start a site
      > and one day I will write there that I do not particularly like how quick
      > Klaus was in characterizing the unreliability of that guy who recently
      > passed the lie detector test (sorry, I forgot his name).

      Hi Dusan,

      Sounds like gripping stuff. :-)

      > Should I expect 100,000 readers in one day? Probably not.

      Well, I see no reason why not in theory if you have built up a devoted following with your instant punditry :-). In practice, I'd say regular Czech bloggers (normally bloger^i but I have also seen blogar^i) might reasonably expect 10-100 readers per day.

      You might like to have a look at a list of some of my favourite weblogs and online journals at
      http://kinja.com/user/zehrovak

      which includes some translators' journals that you may enjoy. Whaddya think? There is also a Czech-English translator's journal ( http://zehrovak.bloguje.cz ) but you don't want to read that - it really is full of appalling waffle and balderdash, especially the latest entry: 'denickovani kontra blogovani'.

      ;-)

      Melvyn