Re: TERM:coach-bus

  • raesim
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...>
      wrote:

      > On Sunday, September 5, 2004, at 06:44 PM, raesim wrote:
      >
      > > and chartered buses not coaches
      > > take children to school.
      >
      > Right. The buses that take kids on field trips are chartered
      > buses. Definitely not coaches.

      Yes, I was going to use the example of field trips, but then it
      occurred to me that the buses that take children to school are
      actually chartered too. At least in the UK -- in the States, I
      assume, they're publicly owned (or they wouldn't all be painted
      yellow).

      Simon
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
        On Monday, September 6, 2004, at 05:22 AM, raesim wrote:

        > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > On Sunday, September 5, 2004, at 06:44 PM, raesim wrote:
        > >
        > > > and chartered buses not coaches
        > > > take children to school.
        > >
        > > Right.  The buses that take kids on field trips are chartered
        > > buses.  Definitely not coaches.
        >
        > Yes, I was going to use the example of field trips, but then it
        > occurred to me that the buses that take children to school are
        > actually chartered too.  At least in the UK -- in the States, I
        > assume, they're publicly owned (or they wouldn't all be painted
        > yellow).

        Sometimes they're owned by the local school system, and sometimes
        they're owned by a transportation company that the school system
        contracts with. They are less comfortable than even municipal buses
        are. You have never felt a rougher suspension than on one of those
        yellow school buses.