Re: [Czechlist] How do you type punctuation in Czech?

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 28, 2004
      Hi Judy,

      > > How do you type \, {}, [] etc. on the Czech keyboard? I've always
      > > just switched back to the English keyboard when I needed these in the
      > > past, but the Command Line won't let me do that without switching the
      > > entire system to English (meaning no hacky for windows titles...)

      I used to have a "Czech amateur" keyboard in old Windows 95 and 98 --
      basically, a US English keyboard with just the number row remapped. I
      loved it - no switching between keyboards just to type the at-sign or
      someting similar, no Y and Z problems, no AltGr+Q to type the backslash,
      etc.

      Now, when I switched to Windows 2000, I couldn't find a similar layout
      anywhere. So, remembering my long-forgotten hacking skills :-), I edited
      the Programmer's layout to become the Amateur's.

      If you (or others) want it, e-mail me off-list, I'll be happy to share :-)

      Joe

      --
      Mailto: Josef "Joe" Hlavac <joe@...>
      Phone: +420-776-736715