TERM: jednajici clen

  • Petr Jarolím
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
      Dear listmates,

      any idea for "jednajici spolecnik" (spolecnik in verejna obchodni
      spolecnost)? An executive member sounds a bit strange...

      I am also looking for a nice expression for "podepsat dokument pred
      Mestskym uradem" - to sign a document in the presence of a Municipal
      Authority clerk?

      thanks for any suggestions

      best regards
      Hana
    • Ota Flegr
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
        > I am also looking for a nice expression for "podepsat dokument pred
        > Mestskym uradem" - to sign a document in the presence of a Municipal
        > Authority clerk?

        to sign a document in front of the Municipal Authority building

        :-)

        Ota
      • Ota Flegr
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
          > any idea for "jednajici spolecnik" (spolecnik in verejna obchodni
          > spolecnost)? An executive member sounds a bit strange...
          > Hana

          what about "acting"

          Ota
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
            Hi Hana,

            > any idea for "jednajici spolecnik" (spolecnik in verejna obchodni
            > spolecnost)? An executive member sounds a bit strange...

            I'd rather go for 'executive partner'...

            > I am also looking for a nice expression for "podepsat dokument pred
            > Mestskym uradem" - to sign a document in the presence of a Municipal
            > Authority clerk?

            Definitely not 'clerk' but 'official'. Probably 'the document', anyway.
            Perhaps there'll be more suggestions from native speakers...

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
              On Thursday, August 5, 2004, at 06:03 AM, Jirka Bolech wrote:

              > Hi Hana,
              >
              > > any idea for "jednajici spolecnik" (spolecnik in verejna obchodni
              > > spolecnost)? An executive member sounds a bit strange...
              >
              > I'd rather go for 'executive partner'...

              If no other NS has a better suggestion, I'd go with this one.

              > > I am also looking for a nice expression for "podepsat dokument pred
              > > Mestskym uradem" - to sign a document in the presence of a Municipal
              > > Authority clerk?
              >
              > Definitely not 'clerk' but 'official'. Probably 'the document', anyway.

              To sign a document in the presence of municipal authorities. Why do
              you need the word "clerk" or "official".

            • Petr Jarolím
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
                Thanks a lot, Jamie, Jirko a Oto!
                Hanka