Term: Exhibit?

  • Tertech
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi list,

      I've got a bunch of ENG to CZ contracts in front of me... the lingo's a bit
      weird, but they look like sample SLA and similar-type
      contracts/agreements/specifications of an IT company...

      the individual documents are called EXHIBITS - for example:

      Help Desk Services document is Exhibit no.1, the fist paragraph goes like
      this:

      SCOPE OF SERVICES
      1.1 This Exhibit describes the Help Desk Services as further defined
      in Section 2 below, which XXXX will provide to you as part of the Addendum
      ("Help Desk Services"). The Help Desk Services to be provided by XXXX
      include only what is expressly described in this Exhibit. Any service
      outside the scope of this Exhibit is subject to Change Control in accordance
      with Section 6 of the Addendum.

      I've never come accross this usage of exhibit before - the docs are as they
      were written by the headquarters and used by the branches - I could
      understand them being called exhibits if they were used in a court, but this
      is their original wording...

      has anyone heard this before or has an explanation/suggestion for
      translation? I'm tempted to just say "dokument"...

      Thanks for suggestions

      Matej
    • kzgafas
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Tertech" <czechlist@t...> wrote:
        > Hi list,
        >
        > I've got a bunch of ENG to CZ contracts in front of me... the
        lingo's a bit
        > weird, but they look like sample SLA and similar-type
        > contracts/agreements/specifications of an IT company...
        >
        > the individual documents are called EXHIBITS - for example:
        >
        > Help Desk Services document is Exhibit no.1, the fist paragraph
        goes like
        > this:
        >
        > SCOPE OF SERVICES
        > 1.1 This Exhibit describes the Help Desk Services as further
        defined
        > in Section 2 below, which XXXX will provide to you as part of the
        Addendum
        > ("Help Desk Services"). The Help Desk Services to be provided by
        XXXX
        > include only what is expressly described in this Exhibit. Any
        service
        > outside the scope of this Exhibit is subject to Change Control in
        accordance
        > with Section 6 of the Addendum.
        >
        > I've never come accross this usage of exhibit before - the docs
        are as they
        > were written by the headquarters and used by the branches - I could
        > understand them being called exhibits if they were used in a
        court, but this
        > is their original wording...
        >
        > has anyone heard this before or has an explanation/suggestion for
        > translation? I'm tempted to just say "dokument"...
        >
        > Thanks for suggestions

        Vyznamove by to mohla byt "ukazka".

        K.
      • Ota Flegr
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
          > the individual documents are called EXHIBITS - for example:
          > (...)
          > has anyone heard this before or has an explanation/suggestion for
          > translation? I'm tempted to just say "dokument"...

          I think the all-encompassing "dokument" can't never be wrong :-).

          Suggestion:
          The "exhibits" I came across in the past were best translated as "vzor" or
          "predpis".

          Ota
        • Jaroslav Hejzlar
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
            Martin writes:

            > I'm tempted to just say "dokument"...

            Well, that is exactly what I usually use in such situations (it is broad
            enough term, isn't it?).

            Jarda

              > translation? I'm tempted to just say "dokument"...

              I use "vzor" in such context.
              Alena

            • Tertech
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
                Thanks to Kostas, Ota, Jarda and Alena,

                Vzor sounds good, but I decided to stick with document as it's the vaguest
                of them all..

                Matej