Re: [Czechlist] skladacka

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi folks,

      After short googling, I found quite reliable list of legal requirements from
      SUKL (Czech FDA) at http://www.sukl.cz/download/reg_zmeny20040121.rtf
      Predplnena injekcni strikacka s jehlou, plastikova vanicka, pribalova
      informace, papirova skladacka

      predplnena injekcni strikacka (pro velikost baleni 1x0,5 ml, 1x1 ml) s fixni
      jehlou, bez jehly nebo s 1 samostatnou jehlou, vylisek z umele hmoty,
      papirova skladacka, pribalova informace

      Odlamovací ampule z bezbarvého skla, výlisek z plastu pro 4 ampule,
      príbalová informace, papírová skládacka

      Obviously, the leaflet is already there, hence skladacka should be
      (cardboard) box.

      As to the vylisek/vanicka, could that be the transparent thin plastic bubble
      that syringes (but also e.g. small-size children toys from China) are
      usually wrapped in with a cardboard background? Such as big blister? Or even
      more likely, the plastic support used to embed e.g. candies in chocolate
      boxes?

      fwiw

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
        The definitions of "skladacka" seem to be all over the place, and the images on Google are giving me everything from origami sets, to corporate brochures, to pop-up books, to jigsaw puzzles, to folding bicycles.

        If a printing company produces "skladacky", what are they probably making?

        All assistance will be appreciated.

      • Sabina Kralova
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
          Hi Jamie,

          In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
          Sabina

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
            It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
            In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

            On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
            > Hi Jamie,
            >
            > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
            > Sabina

          • Sabina Králová
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
              It makes sense, it really does. But a printing company can make both. I am affraid some specifications from the client might be necessary:).
              Sabina

              It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
              In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

              On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
              > Hi Jamie,
              >
              > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
              > Sabina

            • Sarka Rubkova
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                  In printing jargon, skladacka is indeed a brochure or anything else
                  that's folded, I think it has to have two or more folds to be a
                  skladacka, i.e. a simple greeting card with a single fold might not be
                  called that, but a brochure that's printed on something like A4 and
                  then folded twice (one flap around the other) will be..

                  I've ordered a thing like that to be printed once and they called it
                  skladacka

                  > It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
                  >In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.
                  >
                  >On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
                  >> Hi Jamie,
                  >>
                  >> In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
                  >> Sabina

                • Josef Hlavac
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                    Seconded. My school had one "skladacka" recently printed. It was a
                    single, folded piece of paper, something similar to this one:
                    http://www.typodesignclub.cz/tdc_admin/img/works/skladacka_2.jpg

                    It seemed to me that "skladacka" is what both the marketing person at
                    our school and the people at the printing company routinely use for this
                    kind of product.

                    Josef