Re: [Czechlist] skladacka

  • Petr Veselý
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
      > In a message dated 7/1/04 9:36:22 AM GMT Daylight Time,
      > vlastimila@... writes:
      >
      > << I think that the "skladacka" is simply the paper box. >>
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Is this specifically a Czech kind of packaging? Normally we think in
      terms
      > of "cardboard box", and maybe "paper packet / folder" etc.
      >
      > Dylan

      IMHO, the word "skladacka" only implies that the paper box consists of one
      piece of folded paper.

      as for the meaning of "vylisek", it can be almost any thing that is produced
      by moulding; I would imagine some hard object, probably a cover for the
      needle, not the packaging.

      HTH Petr
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
        Hi folks,

        After short googling, I found quite reliable list of legal requirements from
        SUKL (Czech FDA) at http://www.sukl.cz/download/reg_zmeny20040121.rtf
        Predplnena injekcni strikacka s jehlou, plastikova vanicka, pribalova
        informace, papirova skladacka

        predplnena injekcni strikacka (pro velikost baleni 1x0,5 ml, 1x1 ml) s fixni
        jehlou, bez jehly nebo s 1 samostatnou jehlou, vylisek z umele hmoty,
        papirova skladacka, pribalova informace

        Odlamovací ampule z bezbarvého skla, výlisek z plastu pro 4 ampule,
        príbalová informace, papírová skládacka

        Obviously, the leaflet is already there, hence skladacka should be
        (cardboard) box.

        As to the vylisek/vanicka, could that be the transparent thin plastic bubble
        that syringes (but also e.g. small-size children toys from China) are
        usually wrapped in with a cardboard background? Such as big blister? Or even
        more likely, the plastic support used to embed e.g. candies in chocolate
        boxes?

        fwiw

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
          The definitions of "skladacka" seem to be all over the place, and the images on Google are giving me everything from origami sets, to corporate brochures, to pop-up books, to jigsaw puzzles, to folding bicycles.

          If a printing company produces "skladacky", what are they probably making?

          All assistance will be appreciated.

        • Sabina Kralova
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
            Hi Jamie,

            In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
            Sabina

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
              It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
              In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

              On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
              > Hi Jamie,
              >
              > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
              > Sabina

            • Sabina Králová
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
                It makes sense, it really does. But a printing company can make both. I am affraid some specifications from the client might be necessary:).
                Sabina

                It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
                In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

                On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
                > Hi Jamie,
                >
                > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
                > Sabina

              • Sarka Rubkova
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                    In printing jargon, skladacka is indeed a brochure or anything else
                    that's folded, I think it has to have two or more folds to be a
                    skladacka, i.e. a simple greeting card with a single fold might not be
                    called that, but a brochure that's printed on something like A4 and
                    then folded twice (one flap around the other) will be..

                    I've ordered a thing like that to be printed once and they called it
                    skladacka

                    > It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
                    >In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.
                    >
                    >On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
                    >> Hi Jamie,
                    >>
                    >> In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
                    >> Sabina

                  • Josef Hlavac
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                      Seconded. My school had one "skladacka" recently printed. It was a
                      single, folded piece of paper, something similar to this one:
                      http://www.typodesignclub.cz/tdc_admin/img/works/skladacka_2.jpg

                      It seemed to me that "skladacka" is what both the marketing person at
                      our school and the people at the printing company routinely use for this
                      kind of product.

                      Josef