Re: [Czechlist] skladacka

  • andeds@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
      In a message dated 7/1/04 9:36:22 AM GMT Daylight Time,
      vlastimila@... writes:

      << I think that the "skladacka" is simply the paper box. >>
      Thank you.

      Is this specifically a Czech kind of packaging? Normally we think in terms
      of "cardboard box", and maybe "paper packet / folder" etc.

      Dylan
    • Petr Veselý
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
        > In a message dated 7/1/04 9:36:22 AM GMT Daylight Time,
        > vlastimila@... writes:
        >
        > << I think that the "skladacka" is simply the paper box. >>
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Is this specifically a Czech kind of packaging? Normally we think in
        terms
        > of "cardboard box", and maybe "paper packet / folder" etc.
        >
        > Dylan

        IMHO, the word "skladacka" only implies that the paper box consists of one
        piece of folded paper.

        as for the meaning of "vylisek", it can be almost any thing that is produced
        by moulding; I would imagine some hard object, probably a cover for the
        needle, not the packaging.

        HTH Petr
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
          Hi folks,

          After short googling, I found quite reliable list of legal requirements from
          SUKL (Czech FDA) at http://www.sukl.cz/download/reg_zmeny20040121.rtf
          Predplnena injekcni strikacka s jehlou, plastikova vanicka, pribalova
          informace, papirova skladacka

          predplnena injekcni strikacka (pro velikost baleni 1x0,5 ml, 1x1 ml) s fixni
          jehlou, bez jehly nebo s 1 samostatnou jehlou, vylisek z umele hmoty,
          papirova skladacka, pribalova informace

          Odlamovací ampule z bezbarvého skla, výlisek z plastu pro 4 ampule,
          príbalová informace, papírová skládacka

          Obviously, the leaflet is already there, hence skladacka should be
          (cardboard) box.

          As to the vylisek/vanicka, could that be the transparent thin plastic bubble
          that syringes (but also e.g. small-size children toys from China) are
          usually wrapped in with a cardboard background? Such as big blister? Or even
          more likely, the plastic support used to embed e.g. candies in chocolate
          boxes?

          fwiw

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
            The definitions of "skladacka" seem to be all over the place, and the images on Google are giving me everything from origami sets, to corporate brochures, to pop-up books, to jigsaw puzzles, to folding bicycles.

            If a printing company produces "skladacky", what are they probably making?

            All assistance will be appreciated.

          • Sabina Kralova
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
              Hi Jamie,

              In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
              Sabina

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
                It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
                In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

                On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
                > Hi Jamie,
                >
                > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
                > Sabina

              • Sabina Králová
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
                  It makes sense, it really does. But a printing company can make both. I am affraid some specifications from the client might be necessary:).
                  Sabina

                  It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
                  In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.

                  On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
                  > Hi Jamie,
                  >
                  > In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
                  > Sabina

                • Sarka Rubkova
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                      In printing jargon, skladacka is indeed a brochure or anything else
                      that's folded, I think it has to have two or more folds to be a
                      skladacka, i.e. a simple greeting card with a single fold might not be
                      called that, but a brochure that's printed on something like A4 and
                      then folded twice (one flap around the other) will be..

                      I've ordered a thing like that to be printed once and they called it
                      skladacka

                      > It's a printing company. I assume they make flyers and the like.
                      >In my opinion, skladacks is a folding brochure.
                      >
                      >On 2/3/2012 9:14 PM, Sabina Kralova wrote:
                      >> Hi Jamie,
                      >>
                      >> In my opinion they mean jigsaw puzzles.
                      >> Sabina

                    • Josef Hlavac
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                        Seconded. My school had one "skladacka" recently printed. It was a
                        single, folded piece of paper, something similar to this one:
                        http://www.typodesignclub.cz/tdc_admin/img/works/skladacka_2.jpg

                        It seemed to me that "skladacka" is what both the marketing person at
                        our school and the people at the printing company routinely use for this
                        kind of product.

                        Josef