RE: [Czechlist] Re: zadavaci dokumentace

  • ing.Sárka Rubková
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 30, 2004
      jasne... diky

      S.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Petr Veselý [mailto:veselypetr@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 11:15 AM
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Czechlist] Re: zadavaci dokumentace

      > MEP znamena mechanical, electric a to treti jsem zapomnela
      >
      > S.

      ... plumbing :-)

      docela pekny glosar je tady

      http://www.meyerbro.com/links/constructionglossary.asp

      Petr

      Czechlisters' photos:
      Yahoo! Groups Links
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 30, 2004
        Napriklad na http://www.svn.cz/novinky/vyrocni-zprava/svn-vyrocni-zprava.PDF
        je pro vyraz "zadavaci dokumentace" pouzito 'tender documentation'. Ze vseho
        na tomto vlaknu vyplyva, ze jeden _zavedeny_ (generally accepted) termin, po
        kterem se ptal Dylan, nejspise neni...

        Jirka Bolech
      • Jan Culka
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 30, 2004
          Diky,
          Honza

          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 30, 2004
            I have received three messages from Yahoo! in the past two days saying
            that I have requested to unsubscribe from the Czechlist group and
            asking me to confirm that request by clicking on a link.

            If this is a technical glitch, okay. If someone is trying to
            unsubscribe me without my knowledge, you might as well stop, because I
            am ignoring the confirmation messages that Yahoo! is sending.

            I know I irritate people, but jeez!

            Jamie
          • jsyeaton
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 30, 2004
              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...>
              wrote:
              > I have received three messages from Yahoo! in the past two days
              saying
              > that I have requested to unsubscribe from the Czechlist group and
              > asking me to confirm that request by clicking on a link.
              >
              > If this is a technical glitch, okay. If someone is trying to
              > unsubscribe me without my knowledge, you might as well stop, because
              > am ignoring the confirmation messages that Yahoo! is sending.
              >
              > I know I irritate people, but jeez!
              >
              > Jamie

              You may not be alone - I noticed a drop of 10 or people in the Number
              of Members listed for this site about a week ago (and assumed I was
              the one irritating everybody into leaving): maybe it's a rival site.
              (I wonder if all Americans are paranoid, or just the translators?
              Jamie: please note - I AM A TRANSLATOR, TOO. Thank you.)

              Judy
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 30, 2004
                > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...>
                > wrote:
                > > I have received three messages from Yahoo! in the past two days
                > saying
                > > that I have requested to unsubscribe from the Czechlist group and
                > > asking me to confirm that request by clicking on a link. > >
                > > If this is a technical glitch, okay. If someone is trying to
                > > unsubscribe me without my knowledge, you might as well stop, because
                > I am ignoring the confirmation messages that Yahoo! is sending.

                This will be another weird and wonderful Yahoogroups fairground ride - I have had several similar bizarre messages from Yahoo in the last couple of days, which I have just ignored. My impression from the list moderators' mailing lists is that all the other mailing-list systems have similar glitches and vulnerabilities at one time or another, so I am prepared to grin and bear this kind of thing. All a bit like living in a haunted house, really.

                AFAIAA the only person outside Yahoo! who has the technical means to unsubscribe you from Czechlist without your knowledge is me, and I'm just too busy at the moment, what with this golden age of translation and that.

                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "jsyeaton" <jsyeaton@y...> wrote:

                > You may not be alone - I noticed a drop of 10 or people in the Number
                > of Members listed for this site about a week ago

                This sometimes happens when some e-mail provider goes on the blink and lots of addresses start bouncing all at the same time. We didn't actually get any unsubscriptions at the time you refer to - we just suddenly had a lot of bouncing mail - and you'll notice that the number rapidly crept back up again soon after the problem was fixed, even though we hardly had any brand-new subscriptions.

                Judy, must chew the fat with you sometime about this golden age of translation. :-) Do get in touch if you have a bit of time some late afternoon/early evening next week.

                BR

                Melvyn
              • jsyeaton
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 30, 2004
                  > AFAIAA the only person outside Yahoo! who has the technical means to
                  unsubscribe you from Czechlist without your knowledge is me, and I'm
                  just too busy at the moment, what with this golden age of translation
                  and that.

                  You could always try asking for volunteers. I've discovered that if
                  you're obnoxious enough, someone will usually step up.

                  > Judy, must chew the fat with you sometime about this golden age of
                  translation. :-) Do get in touch if you have a bit of time some late
                  afternoon/early evening next week.

                  > BR
                  >
                  > Melvyn

                  Your schedule probably has more constraints on it than mine - let me
                  know when you'll be in town. And BTW, I've discovered I may have some
                  things worth exchanging if you're still interested. I'll send you the
                  titles if you like.

                  Judy