Re: Literary translations

  • jsyeaton
    Message 1 of 60 , Jun 25, 2004
      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "jsyeaton" <jsyeaton@y...> wrote:
      >
      > >> I have a bilingual version of Topol's Vylet k nadrazni hale
      nicely
      > >> translated by Alex Zucker, which I am willing to lend out,
      Judith. >>I'm in the habit of reading two books at a time on the bus
      into Prague

      > > Where did you say that bus comes in?
      > >
      > Hradcanska. Just round the corner from that Haveli Indian restaurant
      on Dejvicka, or there is a nice Chinese restaurant just down the road
      from there, which BTW I very much appreciate for Czechlist gatherings
      because they have these big round tables where nobody feels excluded -
      if you ever fancy coming to a gathering, that is. Either way, I can
      also meet up in the centre somewhere and I can bring a few other
      annotated works in translation plus originals (e.g. Love and Garbage -
      Klima-Osers; I Served the King of England - Hrabal-Wilson). Willing
      to consider swaps. :-)

      > BR
      >
      > Melvyn

      Let me see what I have - when I moved in December, I got rid of piles
      of stuff, but probably not anything you'd have been interested in. I
      don't think I've got any Czech-English pairs.

      I started that Sestra that Simon mentioned, BTW: it's definitely a
      keeper!

      Judy
    • jsyeaton
      Message 60 of 60 , Jun 25, 2004