Re: [Czechlist] CONUNDRUM: "treti dil"

    Message 1 of 46 , Jun 24, 2004
      On Thursday, June 24, 2004, at 09:26 AM, ing.Sarka Rubkova wrote:

      > I am even more confused... How can the sequels start with 2? Does it
      > mean
      > that, what we, Europeans, call the second part, is not the first
      > sequel?

      A sequel is by definition a follow-up to a complete, original work.
      They don't number the original, only the sequels, so in the 1970s, you
      had:

      Rocky
      Rocky II
      Rocky III

      The original was seldom referred to as "Rocky I", but just as "Rocky".
      So, you have the original movie, and then the sequels start. The first
      of the sequels is numbered "2".

      Jamie

      <image.tiff>

      <image.tiff>

      Message 46 of 46 , Jun 24, 2004
        On Thursday, June 24, 2004, at 09:26 AM, ing.Sarka Rubkova wrote:

        > I am even more confused... How can the sequels start with 2? Does it
        > mean
        > that, what we, Europeans, call the second part, is not the first
        > sequel?

        A sequel is by definition a follow-up to a complete, original work.
        They don't number the original, only the sequels, so in the 1970s, you
        had:

        Rocky
        Rocky II
        Rocky III

        The original was seldom referred to as "Rocky I", but just as "Rocky".
        So, you have the original movie, and then the sequels start. The first
        of the sequels is numbered "2".

        Jamie

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>