Re: Legalese

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2004
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Petr Veselý <veselypetr@p...> wrote:
      > "The assertion of a damage beyond it remains beneath valuation."
      > The "it" refers to the maximum amount . . . the
      > text was produced by a German.
      >
      > Does it mean sth like "nelze uplatnovat skodu presahující
      > maximální výsi smluvni pokuty?"

      That sounds far better than the so-called English, which is
      meaningless. So I'd be inclined to do what you did, and figure that
      the "remains beneath valuation" is meaningless, and can onlyn be
      replaced safely with some redundant truism like "is impossible,
      because 'maximum' means 'maximum,'" or "shall be ineffective," "shall
      be disregarded," etc.