Re: REALIA: Anglická vlajka

  • jsyeaton
    Message 1 of 80 , Jun 1, 2004
      This wasn't the level of resistance the Allies expected to face,
      though, based on the intelligence they were picking up towards the end
      of the war, from what I've read. (Organized military operations, not
      hit-and-run attacks.) I'll watch for the Nazi Guerillas program.
      There was an old German movie about this period I saw on video when I
      was going through a temporary German phase a few years back that was
      suitably depressing, shot in BW ... - the name escapes me at the
      moment.

      Judy

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@s...>
      wrote:

      > On Monday, May 31, 2004, at 05:26 PM, jsyeaton wrote:
      >
      > > but Eisenhower
      > > thought up to the end that the Germans would stage some kind of
      > > resistance, just as the Iraqis are now,
      >
      > And the Germans did stage some kind of resistance just as the Iraqis
      > are now. It lasted until 1948. Watch for the documentary "Nazi
      > Guerillas" on the History Channel the next time it comes on. There
      > were remnants of the Nazi army attacking Allied convoys and
      > installations, and when that got too risky, they started blowing up
      > schools and hospitals. The parallels were uncanny. Around about
      1948,
      > the German populace started ratting the guys out en masse, as well
      as
      > taking to the streets, and the situation was pacified.

    • jsyeaton
      Message 80 of 80 , Jun 1, 2004