Re: [Czechlist] Dostat se do povedomi

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8 9:08 AM
      > Abych napsal "to get into the awareness", to bych povazoval za
      czenglisticky
      > zlocin , ale nic kloudneho mne nenapadlo.

      Awareness je spravne. Misto "get" mozna "come".

      KZ
    • Melvyn Clarke
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8 10:56 AM
        >"Ucast na zasedani je pro nas prilezitost, jak se *dostat do povedomi*
        >financni verejnosti"
        >Abych napsal "to get into the awareness", to bych povazoval za
        czenglisticky
        >zlocin ,

        Asi mas pravdu, a "enter the awareness" je prilis abstraktni a
        psychologizujici,

        >ale nic kloudneho mne nenapadlo.
        >Muzete mi (pro priste) poradit, co byste s tim udelali?

        "Taking part in the meeting is an opportunity for us to raise our profile
        among the financial community"? Neni to stoprocentne presny ekvivalent, ale
        verim, ze se tato fraze casto pouziva v podobnych kontextech.

        S pozdravem,

        Melvyn

        FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8 8:14 PM
          In a message dated 9/8/00 12:21:21 PM, mgrant@... writes:

          >>"Ucast na zasedani je pro nas prilezitost, jak se *dostat do povedomi*
          >>financni verejnosti"

          "Participation in the conference [in conferences, or whatever] is an
          opportunity to make the financial public aware of us."

          >>Abych napsal "to get into the awareness", to bych povazoval za czenglisticky
          >>zlocin , ale nic kloudneho mne nenapadlo.
          >>Muzete mi (pro priste) poradit, co byste s tim udelali?
          >
          >If the register permits, "mindshare" has become a popular buzzword in
          >recent years. (It's something you "get" or "capture" or "acquire" or
          >"gain".) Otherwise, maybe you could use something like "become known"
          >or "be noticed by/within the financial community."

          I don't think mindshare (or "share of mind") is a good word to use here,
          because they're not talking about getting part of public attention away from
          others at this point, but just making the financial public aware of them at
          all.

          This is one of those cases where you have to translate the sentence, rather
          than the words.