Re: REALIA: Anglická vlajka (was Another one...)

  • raesim
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2004
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Terminus Technicus"
      <czechlist@t...> wrote:
      > I only seem to asociate it with rowdies, Skinheads, Neo-Nazis and
      > the like... I know what it is and should be, but that's where you
      > notice it most these days, isn't it -

      It's not the only flag abused by far-right groups. You're right,
      though, that slusni Englishmen don't go in for waving it. But then
      they don't go in for flag-waving generally. English patriotism is
      either so intrinsic that it doesn't need to be explicitly expressed
      or so unacceptable that it's not allowed to be.

      > apart from that tacky pub on Staromak, that is....

      I'm not sure which one you mean. I think Caffrey's might display
      the Irish tricolour.

      Simon