ENG-CZ (banking) sort code

  • Helena Subrtova
    Message 1 of 11 , May 17 5:16 AM
      Dobry den,
      ma anglicky termin "sort code" nejaky cesky ekvivalent?
      (pouziva se v bankovnictvi - je cislo uctu a pak "sort code")
      Predem dekuji.

      Helena
    • Helga Humlova
      Message 2 of 11 , May 17 5:33 AM
        Pokud se nepletu, tak se tomu rika bankovni identifikacni cislo. Ale radeji
        pockame na rod. mluvc.

        Helga

        ma anglicky termin "sort code" nejaky cesky ekvivalent?
        (pouziva se v bankovnictvi - je cislo uctu a pak "sort code")
        Predem dekuji.

        Helena

        Czechlist Translator Database:
        http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslators

        Message 3 of 11 , May 17 6:04 AM
          V ceskem uzu bych pouzil "kod banky".

          bankovni identifikacni cislo - nebo spis "kod", jak jsem koukal na webu - je
          spis IBAN - tedy kombinace cisla banky i uctu.

          hth

          > Pokud se nepletu, tak se tomu rika bankovni identifikacni cislo. Ale
          radeji
          > pockame na rod. mluvc.
          >

          > Helga

        • Helga Humlova
          Message 4 of 11 , May 17 8:53 AM
            Martine, troufnu si tvrdit, ze tomu tak neni. Sort code je podle mych
            skuzenosti alespon v Anglii v zadnem pripade neni IBAN!!!

            To cemu drive v Anglii rekli Sort Code ( a i dnes stale pouzivaji ve
            vnitrostatnim bankovnym styku) je v trochu upravene forme BIC.

            H.

            bankovni identifikacni cislo - nebo spis "kod", jak jsem koukal na webu - je
            spis IBAN - tedy kombinace cisla banky i uctu.

            hth

            > Pokud se nepletu, tak se tomu rika bankovni identifikacni cislo. Ale
            radeji
            > pockame na rod. mluvc.
            >

            > Helga

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1297vadlt/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups
            /S=1705043588:HM/EXP=1084885524/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:/companion
            .yahoo.com> click here

            :HM/A=2128215/rand=597465547>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • andeds@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , May 17 9:07 AM
              prekladatelka@... writes:

              << Sort code je podle mych
              skuzenosti alespon v Anglii v zadnem pripade neni IBAN!!! >>

              Sort code - identifikacni cislo, maybe. It identifies an individual branch
              of a bank.
              In the UK at least, it consists of 6 digits, divided like this: XX-XX-XX.
              It appears at the top of your bank statements and also on your credit or
              debit card.

              Sort code has existed for many years - as far back as I can remember. IBAN,
              I agree, is quite different. It's something relatively new.
              IBAN and BIC numbers - we've started to need these in recent months, so that
              some of our foreign clients can pay us. We had to phone our bank to find out
              what they are. Then there's the Swift number, or code... Bureaucracy is making
              great strides...

              Dylan
            • ing.Sarka Rubkova
              Message 6 of 11 , May 17 9:26 AM
                Hi all,

                can you help me with the translation of the above term?

                The context is: Soutez je podkladem pro zadani verejne zakazky jednacim
                rizenim bez uverejneni podle zvlastnich predpisu

                Sarka
              • Terminus Technicus
                Message 7 of 11 , May 17 9:37 AM
                  Then it's neither what Martin said (kod banky - that doesn't tell you the
                  branch), nor IBAN, that's just a fancy and uniform way of giving your
                  account number... can't think of what the branch number would be called in
                  Czech, I've been using banks whose branches all offer the same degree of
                  service for a while now... try Ceska Sporitelna, they're very unfriendly and
                  branch-oriented

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 17 9:44 AM
                    Then it's nothing you will find in Czechia. You have to coin a new term. I
                    would go for 'kod pobocky' then.
                    I did not say sort code was IBAN - as IBAN includes both account number and
                    bank ID.

                    > Then it's neither what Martin said (kod banky - that doesn't tell you the
                    > branch), nor IBAN, that's just a fancy and uniform way of giving your
                    > account number... can't think of what the branch number would be called in
                    > Czech, I've been using banks whose branches all offer the same degree of
                    > service for a while now... try Ceska Sporitelna, they're very unfriendly
                    and
                    > branch-oriented

                  • Helga Humlova
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 17 9:47 AM
                      Sarko,

                      Ja tomu rikam Verhandlungsverfahren a v AJ bych to asi nazyvala "negotiating
                      procedure" pripadne i "tender".

                      H.

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 17 10:01 AM
                        > Then it's nothing you will find in Czechia.

                        I think there will be a term... it's just that we don't get in contact with
                        it using electronic banking... it's to do with internal bank things, where
                        which money goes...

                        You have to coin a new term. I
                        > would go for 'kod pobocky' then.
                        > I did not say sort code was IBAN - as IBAN includes both account number
                        and

                        I didn't say you did ... I'd guess for it to be kod banky too, but as
                        explained, it's the branch code, no need to coin new things, IMHO, just do a
                        bit of research

                      • ing.Sarka Rubkova
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 17 11:37 PM
                          Diky, Helgo