Re: next of kin

  • Papoušek Dušan
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
      Ja bych to prelozil jako "...kterou zesnula osoba uvedla jako osobu ji
      nejblizsi."

      D. P.

      From: "Slavomir BELIS" <slavomir@...>
      Subject: next of kin

      Hi listmates,

      I would like to ask you to help me with the following translation to Czech
      or Slovak.

      If the death occurs in hospital, the hospital staff will contact the person
      named by the deceased as next of kin. This may be, but need not be, a
      relative.
      Ak k umrtiu dojde v nemocnici, jej personal sa skontaktuje s osobou, ktoru
      zosnula osoba uviedla ako najblizsieho... ???. To moze, ale nemusi, byt
      pribuzny.

      I thought "NEXT of KIN" was "najblizsi pribuzny", which is not obviously.
      How do I translate it then?
    • Terminus Technicus
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
        > Then we agree, but it's not what you really said. :-)

        I thought it was... :), but to someone who likes to argue like you do :), it
        wasn't specific enough, I agree :)

        :) Matej
      • Rubkova
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
          Our legislation says that such person has to be real next of kin... Not
          anybody else

          Sarka