Re: [Czechlist] next of kin

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
      On Thursday, April 1, 2004, at 06:23 AM, Terminus Technicus wrote:

      > The forms still use the same
      > term even now -- out of tradition, and it still means the same thing --
      > but the hospitals are simply reasonable and know that the person to be
      > contacted or whose name will be filled in might not be a relative.
      >

      > That's exactly what I meant by my original post, but didn't have time
      > to go
      > two pages about it:)

    • Papoušek Dušan
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
        Ja bych to prelozil jako "...kterou zesnula osoba uvedla jako osobu ji
        nejblizsi."

        D. P.

        From: "Slavomir BELIS" <slavomir@...>
        Subject: next of kin

        Hi listmates,

        I would like to ask you to help me with the following translation to Czech
        or Slovak.

        If the death occurs in hospital, the hospital staff will contact the person
        named by the deceased as next of kin. This may be, but need not be, a
        relative.
        Ak k umrtiu dojde v nemocnici, jej personal sa skontaktuje s osobou, ktoru
        zosnula osoba uviedla ako najblizsieho... ???. To moze, ale nemusi, byt
        pribuzny.

        I thought "NEXT of KIN" was "najblizsi pribuzny", which is not obviously.
        How do I translate it then?
      • Terminus Technicus
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
          > Then we agree, but it's not what you really said. :-)

          I thought it was... :), but to someone who likes to argue like you do :), it
          wasn't specific enough, I agree :)

          :) Matej
        • Rubkova
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1, 2004
            Our legislation says that such person has to be real next of kin... Not
            anybody else

            Sarka