Re: [Czechlist] restricted competetion

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1, 2000
      In a message dated 9/1/00 3:28:47 PM, mgrant@... writes:

      >I don't think I'd agree not to work for
      >the same end client for different agencies either, since I'd hate to
      >be cut off if the agency does something to screw up their
      >relationship with the client.

      Well, to me, if the agency messes up and loses the client, then that should
      mean out of the exclusivity agreement.

      Jamie
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 1, 2000
        >Well, to me, if the agency messes up and loses the client, then that should
        >mean out of the exclusivity agreement.

        Maybe it should. The thing is, you usually never know when you've
        "lost" a client, you just don't hear from them again.

        Michael

        Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 2, 2000
          In a message dated 9/2/00 9:18:17 AM, mgrant@... writes:

          >>Well, to me, if the agency messes up and loses the client, then that should
          >>mean out of the exclusivity agreement.
          >
          >Maybe it should. The thing is, you usually never know when you've
          >"lost" a client, you just don't hear from them again.

          But on a very long project that some people may have cleared time for, some
          agencies will tell you that they have lost the project to someone else. This
          has happened to me before.