Re: [Czechlist] restricted competetion

    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1, 2000
      Michael Grant wrote:

      > Two years is about the maximum I'd accept. Remember, that's two years
      > after you stop working for that agency.

      I wonder if more views will be posted.

      Jirka Bolech
    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 1, 2000
        In a message dated 9/1/00 3:28:47 PM, mgrant@... writes:

        >I don't think I'd agree not to work for
        >the same end client for different agencies either, since I'd hate to
        >be cut off if the agency does something to screw up their
        >relationship with the client.

        Well, to me, if the agency messes up and loses the client, then that should
        mean out of the exclusivity agreement.

        Jamie
      • Michael Grant
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 1, 2000
          >Well, to me, if the agency messes up and loses the client, then that should
          >mean out of the exclusivity agreement.

          Maybe it should. The thing is, you usually never know when you've
          "lost" a client, you just don't hear from them again.

          Michael

          Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
        • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 2, 2000
            In a message dated 9/2/00 9:18:17 AM, mgrant@... writes:

            >>Well, to me, if the agency messes up and loses the client, then that should
            >>mean out of the exclusivity agreement.
            >
            >Maybe it should. The thing is, you usually never know when you've
            >"lost" a client, you just don't hear from them again.

            But on a very long project that some people may have cleared time for, some
            agencies will tell you that they have lost the project to someone else. This
            has happened to me before.